2014 SANDUSKY SPEEDWAY OHIO STOCK RULES
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The following specifications have been prepared by Sandusky Speedway officials for the construction of Sandusky Speedway Ohio Stock cars. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with rules. They are intended as a guide and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators or others. No equipment will be considered as having been approved by reason of having passed through inspection unobserved. Anything not covered by these guidelines should be approved and be placed in writing. Tech inspector will have the final decision.
NOTICE: These rules have been developed for the fun of racing in a low cost fashion. This requires limits in various areas to keep competition equal and fair for all participants. In order to accomplish this if it doesn’t say you can - DON’T. With the help and consideration of the participants, this can be accomplished. Try to live within the spirit of the rules. If you have questions, please contact track officials before you are found illegal for competition.
1. Must have a window net that is mounted securely.
2. Must maintain full floors. A late model or box type interior is legal.
3. Firewalls must be steel with all holes filled in.
4. Aftermarket template bodies permitted. No slab bodies. Bodies must be stock in appearance. Roof
Height min. is 47 inches.
5. Bodies must have near stock body lines. Steel factory bodies are legal
6. Windshield may be lexan or glass. Must have a rear window.
7. A spoiler must be clear, 8” high by 66” wide. Spoiler must follow the contour of rear of car if rear of car
Body is only 59”, that is all you can have.
1. Wheel base 107” minimum. NO TOLERANCE
2. Frame height 5” minimum. NO TOLERANCE
3. Stock perimeter chassis only. Stock frame to behind drivers seat , 2 x 3 tubing from there back
4. NO underslung chassis. NO CAMARO OR CAMARO CLIPS CARS
5. Uni-body cars may tie front and rear frames together. Uni-body cars must retain a stock frame design
6. No coilovers or coil over eliminators. Load bolts are O.K. on all 4 corners
7. Must use at least 5” spring, racing springs are allowed.
8. Must have tow hooks front and rear
9. Fuel cell or tank must have 4 straps. No nitrous or alcohol.
1. Rear end must be U.S. factory productions (NO QUICK CHANGE). Floaters permitted. Lower arms
May be tubular, but must be in near stock location. 2” tolerance. 24” max. length. 4-wheel disc brakes
2. Upper trailing arms, 21” max. solid tube only, no springs or rubber biscuits. Panhard bars mounting
1. Upper A-frame may be tubular. Upper A-frame mounting is optional
2. Aftermarket sway bars are permitted.
3. Lower arms must be mounted on proper side, and in stock location
4. No rack and pinion. Racing shocks are permitted (1 per wheel) only steel shocks are permitted. No
Adjustable or rebuild able aloud.
5. Hubs and spindles must be factory stock cast iron heims may be used in place of inner and outer tie rod
Ends. Center link must be stock for clip used. Aftermarket sway bars are permitted
6. Stock cast iron calipers only. No recalculate of any kind.
Stock or MSD box ok. Any 6 or 6al must be mounted out of reach of driver and visible to officials at
All times. NO ELECTRONIC ADJUSTABLE TIMING
1. Small block only, 360 cubic inch max. 23 degree motors ONLY. No 400 blocks, No strokers.
Vortex and bowtie heads ok. No jesel systems. Roller rockers are ok. NO PORTED OR POLISHED
2. Must retain stock stroke. No aluminum blocks, heads, etc.
3. Any hydraulic or solid lift cams only. No roller cams allowed. No electric fuel pumps
4. Intake must be stock unmodified cast iron 2 or 4 barrel or Victor Jr intake 2975
5. Cars with engine set back so #1 spark plug lines up with the center of the left front ball joint must add
50 lbs. In front of engine. Weight must be removable for verification
6. Carburetor Holley 4412-500 two barrel 1” spacer. GAUGE MUST FIT TOP AND BOTTOM. NO
BIG BOOSTER CARBS.
7. The only over the top header permitted will be the Schoenfield #146. Any under the car header ok.
Exhaust pipes 2 into 1 ok. 3 ½” pipe size max. may exit out door max 4” outlet.
8. Bell housing must be sema approved 360 degree blow proof factory type 10” single disc clutches only.
NO DOUBLE, TRIPLE OR 10,000RPM CLUTCHES ALLOWED. NO ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS
1. Full cage, 3-door bars on each side with 2 kick up bars to the rear. Front and rear hoop is ok NO bars
Outside the body.
4 link stock rear suspension 3100 lbs 56% left side
3 link suspension 3300 lbs 56% left side
Chassis having engine with ANY set back to a point no further than the number one spark plug aligning
With the upper ball joints, add 50 lbs
Crate motors subtract 75 lbs. But must run a 5500 rpm chip
All weight must be securely bolted to the frame or roll cage and be easily removable
Cars must weigh these amounts with driver after feature. No allowance for ANY fluid loss or consumption
78” max outside to outside of tires
STANDARD OR AUTOMATIC TYPE. No Burt or Falcon units. Automatics must have functional torque
1. HOOSIER commanche. NO SOAKING TIRES
2. Steel racing wheels 8” only. Studs must be at least ½” min. No wide fives
1. Must have all standard safety equipment, window net, belts, shoulder harness, helmet (snell 2005 rating)
Fire suit, gloves and a fire extinguisher fully charged and mounted within arms reach
1. No 2-way radios or mirrors. A one way receiving scanner locked to frequency 463.7625 is
MANDATORY. NO TRACTION CONTROL DEVICES OF ANY KIND.
REMEMBER: Sandusky Speedway and its officials reserve the right to change specifications/procedures and add or subtract cars to the field at anytime. Those who sign in and or start in an event agree to be governed by these rules and by all decisions of the speedway and its officials. Track officials reserve the right to confiscate any part or parts deemed by their officials to be outside the rules, this includes any part of the race car at anytime.
NOTICE: Anything not covered by the preceding rules or safety regulations should be checked with tech inspector before it is done. Any decision on questionable items about cars is up to the inspector and his decision is final.
DASH: $25, 20, 15, 10 HEAT/PURSUIT: $25, 20, 15, 10, 5
FEATURE: (20 LAPS) 12 OR LESS CARS: 1-$225, 2-$175, 3-$125, 4-$100, 5-$95, 6-$90, 7-$80, 8-$70, 9-$60 10 on $50
13 OR MORE CARS: 1-$300, 2-$225, 3-$175, 4-$125, 5-$100, 6-$95, 7-$90, 8-$80, 9-$70, 10-$60
RACING TIRES AND FUEL AVAILABLE AT THE TRACK
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL DENNY WATSON AT 440-774-5815